To be a center of excellence in food and health products regulation in Africa!
To promote and protect the public health by ensuring safety and quality of products and health service through registration, licensing and inspection of health professionals, pharmaceuticals food establishments and health institutions and provision of up-to-date regulatory information while promoting rational medicine use.
The objective of the Authority is to protect the public health by regulating food, medicine and medical devices, blood and blood products, traditional, complementary or alternative medicine, cosmetics, tobacco, quality control service provider, bioequivalence centers and other products and services entrusted to the Authority to regulate.
Quality Policy Statement
EFDA’s commitment is to protect public health by ensuring the safety, quality, efficacy, rational use and performance of regulated products through licensing, inspection, registration, laboratory testing, community participation, and provision of up-to-date regulatory information. To this end EFDA commit to: –
- Maintain and establish processes, systems and procedures based on national laws and international standards as the basis for regulations in Ethiopia;
- Provide a framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives;
- Continually improve and maintain our competencies in relation to our regulatory function, and
- Deliver quality public services with integrity and efficiency to satisfy applicable requirements.
- Public First: all possible efforts are to ensure the best interest of the public at large not for satisfying the interest of some groups or segments of the public and get contribution from the public in the notion of ensuring the health of the public is ensuring my health.
- Integrity and respect: being ethical, professional, objective, honesty and adhering to moral values.
- Continuous improvement:be able to be responsive and adapt policies, systems and processes.
- Accountability:taking full responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
- Quality: strive to deliver the best services to the customers with utmost professionalism and with no compromise on safety and quality of products.
- Commitment: uphold highest standards of conduct and commitments while acting in the best interest of the public.
- Transparency:operate in a fully transparent manner and communicate openly and timely with the public and relevant stakeholders.
- Excellence: demonstrate the highest standards of performance consistent with international standards and best practices; and achieve excellence in regulatory operations and public services through promoting research, innovation, continual learning and openness to change.
- Teamwork: having a united sense of purpose that all members believe to achieve the mission, support one another, work cooperatively and respect one another’s views